The second paragraph of article 22 of Law 34/2002, of 11 July, on Information Society Services and Electronic Commerce (hereinafter, LSSI-CE), establishes the following:
Service providers may use data storage and retrieval devices on recipients’ terminal equipment, provided that the recipients have given their consent after they have been provided with clear and complete information on their use, in particular, on the purposes of data processing, in compliance with the current legal regulations on personal data protection.
Where technically possible and effective, the consent of the recipient to accept the processing of the data may be provided through the use of the appropriate settings of the browser or other applications, provided that the recipient must configure them during their installation or update by means of an express action to that effect.
The foregoing shall not prevent the possible storage or access of a technical nature for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network or, to the extent strictly necessary, for the provision of an information society service expressly requested by the recipient.
Cookies used for any of the following purposes are exempt from compliance with the obligations established in article 22.2 of the LSSI-CE:
- Only allow communication between the user’s equipment and the network.
- Strictly to provide a service expressly requested by the user.
TYPES OF COOKIES ACCORDING TO THEIR PURPOSE
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to your computer when you access certain websites. Cookies allow a website, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their computer and, depending on the information they contain and the way they use their computer, they can be used to recognise the user.
- Technical Cookies: These are those that allow the user to navigate through a website, platform or application and the use of the different options or services it exist as, for example, control traffic and data communication, identify the session, access parts of restricted access, remember the elements that make up an order, make the buying process of an order, make the application for registration or participation in an event, use security features while browsing, store content for broadcast video or sound or share content via social networks.
- Personalisation cookies: These cookies allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics depending on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, such as the language, the type of browser used to access the service, the regional configuration from which the service is accessed, etc.
- Analysis cookies: These cookies allow the party responsible for them to monitor and analyse the behaviour of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used to measure the activity of the websites, application or platform and for the elaboration of browsing profiles of the users of these sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the data on the use made by the users of the service.
- Advertising Cookies: These are those that allow the management, in the most effective way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the publisher has included on a website, application or platform from which it provides the requested service based on criteria such as the edited content or the frequency at which the advertisements are shown.
- Advertising cookies: These are those that allow the management, in the most effective way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the editor has included on a website, application or platform from which the requested service is provided. These cookies store information on user behaviour obtained through continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows a specific profile to be developed in order to display advertising based on the same.
- Third-party cookies: This company’s website may use third-party services that, on behalf of this company, compile information for statistical purposes, for the use of the Site by the user and for the provision of other services related to the activity of the Website and other Internet services.
There are three levels of intrusiveness of cookies:
- Level 1: corresponds to cookies for internal use essential for the provision of the service requested by the user.
- Level 2: corresponds to anonymous cookies for internal use necessary for the maintenance of content and navigation, as well as cookies managed by third parties within the framework of services expressly requested by the user on their websites (e.g. Facebook or Twitter social plugins).
- Level 3: corresponds to cookies managed by third parties in the framework of services not expressly requested by the user, allowing them to be tracked through websites of which the owner of the website visited by the user is not the owner (e.g.: display advertising management platforms). The specification of this level is accompanied by its owner. The use of level 3 cookies is subject to the prior permission of the user by expressly confirming their acceptance.
You can also delete them at any time via your browser settings.
If you are using your browser in private mode, cookies should be deleted automatically when you close your browser (depending on your internet browser).
If you delete, alter or disable cookies, the website may not display properly.
Below we provide links where you can consult everything related to the management of cookies, including their total or partial deletion or non-acceptance, in some of the most common browsers:
PRINCIPLE OF INFORMATION
In compliance with current legislation on the protection of personal data, we inform you expressly, precisely and unequivocally that the information obtained through the cookies installed on your computer will be used for the purpose of ensuring the quality, security and improvement of the services offered, as well as the analysis of our website using Google analytics.
PRINCIPLE OF CONSENT
Consent for the installation of cookies will be understood to have been given by ticking the box relating to the acceptance of the “Cookies Policy” provided for this purpose on our website.
In cases where the user does not expressly state whether or not to accept the installation of cookies, but continues to use the website or the application, it will be understood that he/she has given his/her consent, and our company expressly informs him/her of the possibility of blocking or deleting the cookies installed on his/her computer by configuring the options of the browser installed on his/her computer.
Among the cookies used on our website and blog, we distinguish:
– Session cookie for proper navigation through our services.
– Time-limited and third-party cookies, for example, those used by social networks or by external content complements such as Google Maps.
– Time-limited and third-party cookies for analytical purposes in order to analyse your browsing on our website and improve the service when a fault is detected.
The information collected by this type of cookies will in all cases be anonymous, and it is not possible to establish any link between browsing patterns and individuals. With regard to third-party cookies for the personalisation of advertising spaces, this website does not make use of ad-servers or, therefore, cookies linked to them for profiling based on preferences and behaviour. Should we decide to do so, you will be offered the option of accepting or rejecting such use expressly and prior to their referral.
Our website uses: